Communications Coordinator, Part-Time
12 hours/week, $20/hour
If you love communications, design, and making a difference, this could be the job for you! We’re looking for an enthusiastic self-starter with great communication skills to join our team.
JA South Western Ontario is a member of JA Canada and part of JA Worldwide (JA), the world’s largest not-for-profit organization dedicated to educating young people about business. Through the delivery of hands-on, blended learning in entrepreneurship, financial literacy and work readiness, JA empowers young people to grow their entrepreneurial ideas, hone their work skills, manage their earnings, and secure better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Since 1963, schools in South Western Ontario have relied on JA to prepare young people for success in an ever-changing global economy. JA South Western Ontario is responsible for the geographic area including the counties of Essex, Chatham-Kent, Lambton, Elgin, Middlesex, Oxford, Huron, Perth, Bruce, Grey, Wellington, Waterloo, Brant, Hamilton, Haldimand-Norfolk, and Niagara.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for creating and implementing marketing and communications content, social media content, and facilitating other community outreach projects.
Marketing & Communications
- Prepare social media content for various platforms
- Create content for website, newsletter, etc.
- Develop marketing templates and pieces for upcoming initiatives and events
- Develop communications pieces for upcoming initiatives and events
- Gather stories and photos of the positive impact of JA programs
- Maintain records of communications content
- Support outreach initiatives for various stakeholder groups
- Liaise with stakeholders to support outreach as requested
- Relevant post-secondary education and/or experience is required with priority given to background in Communications or Marketing.
- Should be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and basic design experience required.
- Knowledge of WordPress an asset
- Knowledge of Canva or the Adobe Creative Suite an asset.
- Social Media experience in a professional setting is an asset.
This is currently a work from home position but working partly on site at one of our office locations in London, Chatham, or Kitchener may be necessary in the future.
The successful candidate must have a suitable quiet environment from which to work, with a desk and reliable and secure internet access. A laptop will be provided.
The successful candidate must undergo a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search.
Respect for the talents, creativity, perspective and backgrounds of all individuals is a core value of JA. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you ready to be our Communications Coordinator? Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 10th, 2022.
28 September 2022