Preparing Grade 8 Students to Succeed
In JA’s newly updated Success Skills program, students identify and build a toolkit of transferable skills that will enable them to increase resilience and improved outcomes through challenging situations.
- Define what success looks like
- Identify effective communication practices and techniques
- Learn how to empathize with others for engagement and connection
- Develop and awareness of critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Understand the importance of continued skill acquisition
So many of the kids came up to me and thanked me saying things like: ‘I understand what a growth mindset is’ and ‘I know how to locate my skills and what I still need to learn’. This is a valuable program and the content is fantastic!
– JA Success Skills Volunteer