Financial Literacy for Grade 4 students
This fun, interactive program teaches young learners about money management and introduces them to the concept of business strategy.
Throughout the program, students will have the opportunity to think like an entrepreneur and develop financial literacy skills that they can apply to a simulated business.
- Identify the role of money in everyday life
- Practice making sound financial choices using cooperative decision-making skills
- Manage a personal bank account by making deposits and withdrawals
- Identify ways to earn income through jobs or a small business
- Learn how to make ethical personal and business money management choices
- Develop a basic business plan based on their job skills and interests
- Apply the problem-solving and money management skills needed to operate a small business
By the end of More than Money, students will understand how proper money management can improve their lives, as well as how their financial choices can impact others. They will gain the confidence to apply this knowledge to their lives, enabling them to grow up making smart financial choices.
My students were very engaged in interested in learning about money. They were also excited to learn how to create and run a business with the final goal of creating a business plan!
– Grade 4 Teacher, JA More Than Money