Empowering Grade 7 students to make smart financial choices
Through the newly updated Dollars with Sense program, students get the vital tools they need to make smart financial decisions, live debt-free and become savvy investors. Students learn personal money management skills that they can apply to their daily lives.
- Identify their financial needs, wants and goals
- Develop a money management self-profile
- Discover what influences their spending
- Learn how to make informed consumer decisions
- Calculate the cost of credit
- Prepare a budget
- Assess the benefits and risks of online shopping, as well as learn how to avoid scams
- Receive an introduction to the stock market and learn how wealth can grow through wise investments
By the end of Dollars with Sense, students will know how to evaluate their financial decisions against their goals. This prepares them to make smart, lifelong financial choices.
This is a great program that clearly fits in with the Financial Literacy strand. Students were very interested in learning about different currencies and exchange rates. They were also quite shocked at how stocks and investments work. Very happy to see the inclusion of safety and security measures.
– Grade 7 Teacher, JA Dollars With Sense