Empowering Grade 9-12 students with financial literacy
The Personal Finance program teaches high school students personal money management skills including the key elements of personal finance such as spending wisely, budgeting, saving, investing, and using credit.
- Recognize the role income plays in personal finances
- Discover the importance of planning their financial decisions
- Identify high-dollar items and unexpected costs that require savings
- Learn the importance of making and keeping a spending plan
- Consider the types of expenditures that might go into a monthly budget
- Express the need to make good credit decisions to avoid costly consequences
- Assess potential risks to their personal finances
- Learn preventative methods to limit potential losses
By the end of Personal Finance, students will have a personal finance plan and clear goals for their financial security.
Overall, I was truly impressed with the curriculum the JA team had put together for the personal finance session. All were very important topics that I think every young person should be made aware of. Financial literacy is such an important area for young people to understand as it provides them a good basis to make educated decisions early on in their lives.
– Francesca Liberatore, Deloitte Volunteer, JA Personal Finance