Space is very limited. Don’t miss out!
- March 2023 – hosted by Carmen’s Group at the Hamilton Convention Centre
- Pre-workshop – TBD, 10am-2pm, Hamilton Public Library, 4th floor
- Job Site Visit – March 15th, 10am – 2pm, Hamilton Convention Centre
- Post-workshop – TBD, 10am – 2pm, Hamilton Public Library, 4th floor
JA Job Shadow is a new pilot program in Hamilton, helping to empower youth who are not currently in school to build skills and thrive in the workforce
Participants have a unique opportunity to engage in career exploration and planning activities to develop the skills and experience employers are seeking. You’ll emerge informed and empowered with an enhanced ability to thrive in the workforce.
We’re currently looking for Job Shadow participants, volunteer facilitators and workplace partners.
Want to know more?
Through the JA Job Shadow program, you will be able to create your own career goals and develop vital skills. You will connect directly with employers and observe an active workplace so you can learn what is required for success. You will:
- Acquire and apply the skills needed in demanding and ever-changing workplaces.
- Recognize career clusters and potential job positions.
- Develop job-hunting tools, such as networking, resumes, and interview skills.
- Develop skills in career assessment and planning, elevator pitch, infographic profile, interests, job hunting, networking, professional and ethical behaviors, and work priorities.
I’m going to use this information I learned today to help me make my overall decision on what career option I want to pursue. I’m also using this information to improve on how I present myself to potential employers and others.
– JA Youth Participant